Sunday, August 31, 2014

City Color Cosmetics: Intense Exposure Highlighting Powder

This is a review for the Intense Exposure Highlighting Powder by City Color Cosmetics. City Color Cosmetics is a relatively new make up brand to me, but boy do they have lots of wonderful products at affordable prices! I first learned of this brand from a blush I received in an Ipsy bag a month or two ago. I loved the blush so much that I went ahead and ordered a bunch more (5!) as well as some additional products like this highlighter. I have not yet seen this brand in any drug stores or at Ulta, so if you're interested in purchasing products from them you'll have to buy them online from their website.

The Intense Exposure Highlighting Powder is a beautiful highlighting powder that provides a natural radiance to the skin. It retails for $2.99 on the City Colors website, and it contains .353 oz of product.

I have only recently started getting into highlighters so I'm no expert, but I think this is a really great one, especially for beginners! The shimmer in this highlighter is very fine so it doesn't look like you're just wearing glitter on your face. It catches the light beautifully and really gives the skin a subtle glow, accentuating the features on your face that you desire.

The packaging of this product is very sleek. It's a simple plastic compact with a see-thru lid, which is helpful when you're searching thru your make up for it. This would be a great item to travel with as there is a large quantity of product in the compact so you won't run out, and the packing isn't bulky or space-consuming. 
The pigmentation of this highlighter is incredible, especially for such a low price tag! Just barely running your finger or brush across the surface results in lots of the product transferring. 
The consistency of the highlighter's formula is incredibly silky smooth, which allows for easy application. I did find the product to be a little bit powdery (since it is a powder!), but it does buff into the skin very easily. In my swatch photos below I didn't buff the highlighter into my skin which makes it seem more dramatic in the pictures than it actually is in reality. In the swatch photos I used my fingers to apply the product rather than a brush, which would provide a more subtle application.
 
Please leave a comment below if you've been trying out the highlighter trend and what products are your current favorites. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment