Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Eyes Lips Face (ELF): Moisturizing Lipstick in Wink Pink, Party in the Buff, & Rosy-Go-Round


Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my blog, I really appreciate it! Today's post is a review of the Eyes Lips Face (ELF) Moisturizing Lipsticks in the shades Wink Pink, Party in the Buff, & Rosy-Go-Round. These lipsticks retail for $3 from ELF website and there are 16 shades in the product line, ranging from nudes all the way to a black shade and covering everything in between. ELF describes these lipsticks as "The velvety, satin texture glides on lips with vibrant color and luminous shine. Enriched with Shea and Vitamins A, C, & E to nourish and hydrate the lips. The rich, creamy formula seals in moisture for long-lasting wear and comfort."
The packaging of the lipsticks is simple and sleek. It's a solid black tube with the color of the lipstick visible on the bottom.
I really enjoyed the pigmentation and ease of applying Wink Pink and Rosy-Go-Round. I did not like Party in the Buff because it was very patchy and hard to apply an even coat to the lips, as you can see below. Of the three, Rosy-Go-Round is my favorite in terms of formula and Wink Pink is my favorite in terms of lipstick color.
As claimed, I found these lipsticks to be very moisturizing and they provided a nice sheen to the lips. In my opinion, they sort of felt more like a lip balm than a traditional lipstick. They have a lot of slip and as a result can be a little messy. I did not apply these lipsticks with a lip liner, but that might be an option to consider if you want to use one of the more bold colors but don't want to worry about it falling outside your lip line or getting messy. I also found that the color pigmentation of Rosy-Go-Round lasted much longer on my lips than the other two shades which I found I had to reapply fairly often to maintain the color.

Final Verdict
Overall, I think the quality of the lipstick formula varies greatly between shades. I really like and recommend the shades Wink Pink and Rosy-Go-Round, but Party in the Buff was definitely a miss in my opinion because it applied very patchy to the lips. For $3, these lipsticks are definitely a steal, but make sure you do your research on which shades are great and which you should pass by.

Have you tried any of the ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks? Which shades are your favorites? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment