Sunday, June 5, 2016

NARS: Lip Gloss in Orgasm

Hi everyone, 

Today's review is of the NARS Lip Gloss in the shade Orgasm. This has long been a cult favorite shade of the NARS blush with the same name, so I was curious to try it as a lipgloss. I have a deluxe sample size of the lip gloss which I received from a Sephora purchase I made a little while ago, but the full size lip gloss retails for $26 at Sephora and the NARS website.
NARS describes this shade as "peach pink with shimmer," which I think is completely accurate. They claim that this is "a moisturizing lip gloss that supports antiaging and imparts long-wearing, sophisticated shine and stunning color for subtle, everyday glamour."

The packaging of this lip gloss is gorgeous and sleek like all NARS products. The wand handle is rubbery while the tube is clear plastic so you can see the color of the product. I also really like the wand applicator, it's designed to hug the lip and it applies the gloss nicely and evenly.
Usually the stickier the lip gloss the longer it lasts on the lips but I really like that this lip gloss formula is non-sticky and yet lasts for a relatively long time on the lips. There's no taste or smell to the product, and once applied the lip gloss stays in place and doesn't slide off the lips. If you like a very shiny lip gloss, this one definitely qualifies!


When swatched on the hand, it shows good color pigmentation, but on the lips, it's pretty much a my lips but better color but with shimmer. I generally dislike shimmer in my lip glosses and this is no different. I love the formula of this lip gloss, but I really hate the shimmer which is probably why I generally don't gravitate toward this lip product over others even though the formula is top-notch. I guess compared to some other glitter lip glosses, this is much more subtle but it's still there and there's a lot of it. 
This lip gloss also claims to be moisturizing which I didn't find to be completely true. It does claim to be enriched with Vitamin E to help lips feel supple and hydrated. It definitely doesn't dry out your lips, but I don't think it really added any moisture to my lips.

Final Verdict
Overall, I really like this lip gloss formula and I highly recommend it if you're a lip gloss lover. I am curious to try some of the non-shimmery high shine shades in this lip gloss line, like Salamanca or Chihuahua, to see if I like those better since I do like the formula of the gloss, just not the shimmer.

Have you tried any of the NARS lip glosses in either the shimmery or high shine finishes? Which shades are your favorites? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you! 

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment