Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Benefit Cosmetics: Erase Paste Concealer

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of the Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste Concealer. The full-sized product retails for $26 for 0.15 oz of product from SephoraUlta, and the Benefit Cosmetics website. Sephora describes this concealer as "Benefit Erase Paste is a concentrated, creamy, blendable concealer that instantly brightens and camouflages all-in-one. It has an innovative formula which makes sure signs of stress and fatigue are a thing of the past."
The concealer comes in a small box and includes a mini plastic spatula to scoop the product out and a step-by-step guide with tips and tricks for application. While it is more sanitary to use the scoop to get the product out, I found that as you use up the product it can be difficult to get the final bits out with the scoop and I ended up just using my fingers. Since this product is a thicker and very creamy consistency, you really want to use your fingers to apply this product because the warmth from your fingers helps to heat up the product and apply it smoothly and evenly to the under eye area.
This concealer comes in three different shades: No. 1 FairNo 2. Medium, and No. 3 Deep. I purchased the shade No. 1 Fair. This concealer has a salmon/peach/pink color to it which acts as a corrector to help brighten the under eyes. While there are only three shades available, since this product is a correcting concealer, you can use it in conjunction with another concealer that perfectly matches your skin tone.
As I mentioned above, the formula of this concealer is very thick and creamy, and it is incredibly moisturizing while still providing great coverage. I struggle with extremely dry under eyes, so not only does this concealer help to correct the dark shadows and bags under my eyes (which we all definitely have), it also provides a lot of moisture and keeps my under eyes hydrated all day long.
As someone with large pores, I was very worried that the moisturizing and light reflecting qualities of this concealer, while canceling out my dark circles, would actually highlight my large pores. I'm happy to report that is definitely not the case! It's amazing how smooth this product makes my under eyes look and how much brightness it brings to my face. I was also extremely impressed with how well this product layers with other concealers, foundations, and powders without looking cakey. I have a ton of fine lines around my eyes and didn't notice this concealer creasing, which is a miracle for me! I think people with more mature skin would also really enjoy this product for that exact reason as it won't settle into wrinkles.

While a lot of pot concealers will dry out pretty quickly (within 6 months I'd say), Erase Paste lasted me for over a year without drying out. 

Final Verdict:
I absolutely love this concealer and it's definitely holy grail status for me. Not only does this product conceal it also color corrects my dark under eye circles and helps bring so much brightness to my under eyes. I really enjoy the thick, creamy formula of this concealer because it provides a ton of coverage but it's also very moisturizing at the same time. Overall, I absolutely love this concealer and I always need to have it on hand. I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already!

What do you think of Benefit's Erase Paste Concealer? Have you tried any other Benefit concealers like Boi-ing or FakeUp? (Click here to see my review of FakeUp). Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment