Thursday, December 18, 2014

Japonesque: Velvet Touch Concealer (Shades 1 & 2)

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of Japonesque's Velvet Touch Concealer. This concealer retails for $20 for 0.052 oz of product from Ulta. Japonesque describes this concealer as, "Instant blemish perfector. This classic cream concealer provides superb matte coverage. It's flexible texture provides a fuller coverage for skin blemishes, discoloration and imperfections, and gives an elegant soft-focus finish."
This concealer is available in five different colors, labeled as Shades 1 through 5, with 1 being the lightest and 5 being the darkest. I purchased this concealer in Shades 1 and 2. Shade 1 is the perfect shade for covering my under eye circles and brightening my under eyes at the same time, while Shade 2 is the perfect shade to match my skin tone and cover blemishes and imperfections. I will say, I was surprised at how dark the lightest shade is, so if you have a very light skin tone I think shade one might be too dark for you. On the other end of the spectrum, Shade 5 isn't the deepest color so I'm not sure how well it would work for people with darker skin tones. Overall, I highly recommend testing out the colors in the store prior to buying since the color range is very narrow. I also did find that these concealers lean to a more yellow undertone, and since that's my skin's undertone, I found this concealer color to be very flattering for me.
The packaging of this concealer is so cute! I love the watercolor inspired case with different bright colors. The inside features a mirror which is great for touch ups and to use when traveling. The clasp of the concealer is very secure so it won't accidentally open in your bag. While the amount of concealer you get may seem like very little, a little bit truly goes a long way, especially since it's so creamy and easy to blend!
Shade 1 on the left and Shade 2 on the right
Japonesque recommends to "Apply with a concealer brush for fuller coverage over blemishes, discoloration and imperfections." I tend to just use my fingers to apply this concealer. The formula of the concealer is very creamy so I find that using my fingers warms up this product nicely and allows for an easy time applying it.
Swatch on the left: Shade 1, Swatch on the right: Shade 2
The formula is very creamy but at the same time provides great coverage. I did find that my Shade 2 concealer was a bit more creamy and smooth than Shade 1, not sure if that was just true for my concealers or if it is true for this entire line. Overall though, this product is everything I look for in a concealer! It is super easy to apply, goes on smoothly, blends well into your makeup to provide a flawless look, and covers over blemishes impeccably. I'm always amazed at how well it minimizes the redness in my skin and covers my purple under eye circles. This concealer truly stays all day looking flawless without needing touch ups. I didn't find this concealer to settle into my under eye creases or to clump at all. The formula isn't greasy or too matte, and I find that I don't need to set it with a powder.

Final Verdict:
All in all, I think this is a fantastic concealer and is definitely one of my all time favorites! I love how creamy and smooth it is while applying flawlessly and covering all my blemishes and red spots. For only $20, I think this product is a great high end concealer without being ridiculously expensive. I love this concealer and I have already purchased another of both shades because they are so great! I highly recommend giving this concealer a shot!

Have you tried any products from the brand Japonesque? What concealers are your all time faves? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment