Sunday, December 7, 2014

Too Faced: Lashgasm Mascara

Happy Monday everyone, hope you're all having a great day! Sorry for the delay in posting, the holidays have been crazy and I haven't been able to write any posts. I will try to post more often!

Today's Mascara Monday review is on Too Faced's Lashgasm Mascara. This mascara contains 0.4 oz of product and retails for $21 at Sephora, Ulta, and Too Faced's website.
Too Faced describes this mascara as, "A voluptuous, fluffing mascara that conditions as it thickens to create dramatically long lashes with intense color." Additionally, "Lashgasm's multiple rows of flexible-but-firm, molded bristles are designed with micro-hooks that grab each and every lash for a clump-free application. The vitamin-rich, creamy formula penetrates for high-color absorbency and exaggerated depth. Meadowfoam seed oil forms a protective barrier to lock in soothing emollients that promote long-term wear without drying or harming lashes. A moisturizing combination of panthenol, vitamins A & E, and jojoba seed oil hydrates and soothes lashes to keep them soft, light, and flexible."
All in all, this is just an okay mascara in my opinion and I probably wouldn't purchase it again. On the positive side, I really liked the wand of this mascara, it has rubber bristles which brush nicely through your lashes. The wand itself is also very flexible and provides a nice slight curl upwards to your lashes without even using a lash curler.
On the negative side, this mascara has a really bad smell to it, that's quite unbearable in my opinion. This is a black mascara, but I found that it wasn't an overly, dark black in color. This mascara didn't seem to really lengthen or volumize my lashes like it claimed to do. Also, while this mascara is not clumpy with one coat, I found that the more of it that you apply it, it gets increasingly clumpier. I think in the first photo above the mascara doesn't look too clumpy, but in the second photo it does look clumpy.

Final Verdict
According to Too Faced, "It IS the size of your lashes that matter!," but unfortunately I didn't think this mascara really held up that claim. This is an okay mascara, I like that it gives your lashes some curl, but unfortunately I didn't like that it didn't add much length or volume to my lashes. Also, the smell of this mascara is horrible and pretty much unbearable in my opinion. I don't think I'd repurchase the mascara, but I do like the overall final look that it provided to my lashes.

Have you tried any of the Too Faced mascaras? What mascara are you loving at the moment? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment