Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Body Shop: Tea Tree Face Mask

Hi everyone!

Today's review is of The Body Shop's Tea Tree Face Mask. This mask is intended for blemished skin and they claim it "instantly cools and lifts away impurities." I purchases this single use size which contains enough product for one use so that I could see if I liked it before purchasing a full-size  of the face mask. The sample retails for $2.50 and contains 0.2 oz (a generous amount!) of product, and you can purchase it from Ulta and The Body Shop. A full-size of the face mask comes in a pot with 100 mL and retails for $15.50 from Ulta and The Body Shop. Right now almost everything on from The Body Shop is 40% off (with free shipping for purchases over $50) so it's a great time to try some new products and stock up on old favorites!
This face mask is one of The Body Shop's bestsellers! They describe it as leaving the "skin feeling deeply cleansed and refreshed with an instantly cooling mask that helps remove impurities and absorb excess oil while soothing and calming blemish-prone skin. Community Fair Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling calm and refreshed." This product is 100% Vegetarian, Never Tested on Animals, Contains Community Fair Trade Ingredients, No Sulfates, No Phthalates, No GMOs, and No Triclosan. The Body Shop recommends applying this product by "Smooth a thin layer onto pat-dried skin, clean face and neck with your fingertips. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes (mask will not dry). Then rinse off with clean water and pat skin dry. Use once or twice per week, after cleansing."
This product is ideal for oily skin, but I found that it worked amazingly well on my skin. (For reference, my skin is normal to dry and I do have occasional breakouts.) I used this mask when I was experiencing lots of breakouts from a Lush face mask that I reviewed previously (Link HERE). I was amazed at how quickly my breakouts disappeared and how smooth my skin felt immediately after using this mask. It also really soothed my skin and helped reduce the irritation associated with the breakouts on my face. I think those who experience bad acne breakouts will absolutely love this mask, but I also think those people who only have occasional breakouts will also love this mask as it's incredibly soothing and helps keep your skin smooth, cleansed and blemish-free. I did notice a slight tingle when using this mask but it was actually pretty minimal, yet powerful at acne-fighting at the same time. I really liked that this mask was effective but also didn't completely dry out my skin like some blemish-fighting masks do. While it wasn't necessarily hydrating, it didn't strip my skin of its moisture.

Final Verdict:
Overall, I really loved using this face mask! It was soothing yet effective at the same time. The results were instantaneous (soft, smooth skin) yet long-term (reduced redness and breakouts) as well. I highly recommend this mask to everyone, because I truly believe it's a universally flattering mask that will help all skin types and is for people of all ages. I loved this mask so much that I have already purchased a full-sized pot of it. Definitely check this face mask out!

Have you tried any of The Body Shop's face masks? What skin concerns are you looking to fix with a face mask (i.e. - acne, redness, pores, etc.)? Please leave a comment below I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment