Thursday, November 13, 2014

Benefit Cosmetics: FakeUp Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of the Benefit Cosmetics FakeUp Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer. The full-sized product retails for $24 for 0.12 oz of product from SephoraUlta, and the Benefit Cosmetics website. Benefit describes this concealer as "Cover-up goes incognito! This hydrating crease-control concealer - with Vitamin E & apple seed extract - hides dark circles & diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, it’s proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!"
This concealer comes in three different shades: light, medium, and deep. I purchased the shade light and I found that it runs very light, so I think it's best to swatch this product in a store before purchasing so that you ensure that you get the right color. I wish this concealer came in a couple more shades so that it provided a better match with all skin tones, but because it's very moisturizing and doesn't provide too much coverage, it isn't too hard to match it to your skin tone.
The packaging of this concealer is gorgeous, as per Benefit's usual style. It comes in a sleek silver tube, like a lipstick, that twists up as you use it. I think this is a very travel friendly as it's quite small and easy to take on the go.
Benefit advises that you apply this concealer by "Stroke(ing) fakeup underneath each eye. Using your ring finger, pat gently outward to blend. You can also use it to touch up throughout the day…this “double duty” hydrating & concealing formula won’t cake, crease or settle." Unfortunately, I did find that this concealer settled/creased in my under eye fine lines, which I think is in part, due to how creamy and thick the concealer is. I also found that it was a little difficult to blend out this concealer because of how thick it is.
While I like the packaging of this concealer, I find that I really didn't like the formula of it. It's almost too hydrating and creamy if that's possible.  I have dry skin so I was drawn to this concealer because it's advertised as being a hydrating concealer, but I find that it lacks the coverage I require from a concealer and it almost feels greasy on my skin because of how hydrating it is. Because this is a greasy/moisturizing concealer I found that it was hard to layer products on top of it without it moving around on my face. In addition, it is also a very heavy concealer and I found that if you try to use it in conduction with another concealer for better coverage it looks very cakey and thick on your face. I also found that this concealer didn't do a very good job of hiding my under eye circles. I almost felt that it accentuated them because of how greasy the formula is, as it made my under eye area look very shiny and oily.

Final Verdict:
I really wanted to like this concealer because I know it's a holy grail concealer for so many people, but it just didn't work for me. I think the formula of the concealer is very moisturizing but unfortunately greasy at the same time. It also doesn't provide very good coverage for under eye circles so if you have any that you're looking to hide, this isn't the product for you. I also think if you have combination to oily skin this concealer would probably be bad for you as it would add even more grease/moisture to your skin.

What do you think of Benefit's FakeUp Concealer? Are you in love with it or do you prefer other concealers? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment