Saturday, September 27, 2014

Cynthia Rowley Beauty: Metallic Silver Pencil Eyeliner

Hi everyone, hope you're having a happy Saturday!

Today's review is of Cynthia Rowley Beauty's pencil eyeliner in the color silver. This product currently retails for $16 for 0.04 oz of product and is being sold exclusively through Cynthia Rowley's website and on the Birchbox website. Right now, if you spend $30 on any full-size purchase of Cynthia Rowley Beauty product in the Birchbox Shop you can receive a free Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eye Pencil in Charcoal by using the code CRBLINER at checkout.

This eyeliner pencil is currently available in five different shades: black, silver, sky blue, violet, and charcoal. I received a deluxe sample size of the silver eyeliner in a recent Birchbox so that's the shade I will be reviewing in this post.

The formula of this eyeliner can't be beat! The pencil is so creamy and glides onto the eye with such ease. I love that you can apply this liner thin or thick depending on your preference. They recommend, for a defined look, simply lightly trace your lash line, and for a smoky eye look, smudge within 30 seconds and then let the formula set for all-day wear.


In terms of color pigmentation, the silver eyeliner pencil is super silver! Amazing pigmentation! What you see on the tip of the pencil is what will be on your eye. The silver is definitely too intense for me to wear on a day-to-day basis in my opinion, but I think it's phenomenal for special events where you want a striking eye look. I will say, this product is very sparkly and metallic - be forewarned! Hence, why I think it's great for special events only, not everyday. However, if you want to use a silver eyeliner everyday though, I think using it to line the inside rim and inner corners of the eye or the waterline with it really helps to look more awake and sparkly-eyed.
I love how long the eyeliner lasts. Once the product sets, I find that it's pretty smudge-proof and that it lasts all day. I will say, by the end of the day though, the line isn't as exact as it was when you first applied it, but this is typical with most eyeliners. Because the product is so pigmented though, even if a little wears off, there's still plenty of color on your eye. 

In terms of packaging, this product is adorable! It's definitely the cutest packing I've seen in a while - and that's saying something since I absolutely LOVE all of Too Faced's packaging! I love the striking black exterior of the pencil with the gold polka-dot detailing. It looks so luxe!


I also love that the Cynthia Rowley Beauty products are vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.


All in all, I think this is a great eyeliner! I love the formula - it's super creamy, easy to apply, and super pigmented. While I don't use my silver pencil that often, I definitely see myself purchasing the black one in the near future since that's my go to color for eyeliner.

Have you tried any products from the Cynthia Rowley Beauty line? Any that you are dying to try out? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment