Monday, September 22, 2014

Maybelline New York: Dream Pure BB Cream

Today's review is of a drugstore product, Maybelline New York's Dream Pure BB Cream 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector. This product is 1 fluid ounce and retails for $8.99 at Ulta, Target, and CVS, and $8.49 at Walgreens. Oftentimes, you can purchase it as part of a buy one, get one half off which makes it even more affordable!
   
It might be hard to believe, but I've actually never used a BB Cream before. I've always been curious so I thought before I invested in a more high-end product I would first try a drugstore one. 
This product is available in 5 shades - Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Deep, Deep. I purchased the Light/Medium shade so that's what you'll be seeing throughout this review.
In terms of the packaging, I like that this product comes in a squeezy tube with a very small pinpoint nozzle. With this nozzle, you have great control of how much product you get out which I love!
This product contains 2% Salicylic Acid which is for fighting acne. According to Maybelline: "2% salicylic acid is one of the highest percentages of this powerful blemish-fighter that you can get without a prescription, yet it's gentle enough to use every day." I don't tend to have much of an acne problem, but I like that this has salicylic acid to help clear up and acne I might have and also help prevent future breakouts.

In addition to containing salicylic acid, this product is oil-free and has a lightweight feel, and Maybelline claims that this is an 8-in-1 product with benefits including: 
     1. Clearing acne
     2. Concealing
     3. Imperfections
     4. Minimizing the look of pores
     5. Reducing the appearance of redness
     6. Adjusting to skin tone
     7. Hydrating and smoothing
     8. Enhancing and clarifying skin

I found that this is a great lightweight cream that blends flawlessly into the skin. If you tend to like heavier products though, then this probable isn't for you. The coverage is quite sheer when blended out.

Partially blended in
Completely blended in
Here are some face swatches with the product applied to half of my face. As you can see in the pictures, the product is very light, but does do a good job of reducing some redness, evening skin tone, smoothing skin, reducing the visible size of pores, and reduces the appearances of bumps and imperfections.

With flash:

All in all, I think this is a great product. It's very lightweight and feels like you're not wearing anything on your face. It's especially great for the summer as it provides some coverage but is lightweight and oil-free so it shouldn't break you out (actually it should help prevent and fix breakouts!). I think this is a great product for days when you want a light coverage look or don't have a lot of time to get ready in the morning. As I haven't tried any other BB Creams, I unfortunately can't compare this one to other products, but I think this is a great staple to have in your beauty collection. It's also a light enough coverage product that you could definitely layer it under foundations if you prefer a more full coverage look. The overall look is slightly dewy, but it looks very natural and not oily at all. 

Have you tried this BB Cream yet? Do you have any favorite BB Creams that I should try? I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment