Monday, September 1, 2014

Milani: Baked Blush in Luminoso (#5)

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of the Milani Baked Blush in shade #5, Luminoso. This is the first product I own from this make up brand. Both Walgreens and CVS sell this product, as well as, it can be found on the Milani website for $8.49. 
The packaging of this product is great, very small and compact. I especially like that there's a mirror which makes on-the-go applying easy. Additionally, the gold detailing around the sides makes the product seem very expensive and luxe. It's also great that the product has a see-thru lid on top, which makes it easy to see the actual color of the product when you're sorting through your make up collection.In terms of the color of the product, it is a beautiful rich light orange coral. Milani describes the blush color as a "luminous peachy pink". I think it would look good on a wide range of skin tones, from fair to dark, as it's a very universally flattering color. Being a baked product, it does contain shimmer. I personally generally prefer matte blushes, but if you like shimmer blushes this is a nice one. The shimmer is very finely grained so it gives off a nice radiance rather than large visible flecks of glitter on your face. This color of blush would also be a great highlighter for fairer skin tones as it has a gorgeous sheen and radiance that makes the skin glow.Unfortunately, I did find that the product was very powdery and had a lot of fallout, especially when you try to use the included brush. The photo below shows all the fallout that I experienced just swatting the product on my hand with the included brush. However, when you apply the blush with an actual blush brush or stipple brush, or even with your fingers like I used in my swatches below, I found that the product was much less powder and applied nicely. They do blend out very easily on the skin.In terms of longevity, I find that the product lasts a good amount of time, but definitely not as long as theBalm's InStain blushes, which I reviewed a couple of days ago.Below are some hand swatches of the blush. Each photo contains one heavy swatch and one lighter swatch to show you the versatility of this product and how when blended in it can really give the skin a nice radiant glow. Additionally, when blended out, the color almost blends in with my skin color which really makes it appear that I'm not wearing much make up and just have a healthy summer glow. Side note: I do like that this product is vegan!Final VerdictOkay so here are my final thoughts - the blush is definitely not my favorite by any means, but I think with the right look it can be beautiful. I tend to shy away from shimmer blushes as they enhance facial flaws like acne scars, large pores, etc. However, since this blush has more finely grained shimmer than most, if I was reaching for a shimmer blush in my drawer, this one would definitely be a contender. All in all, I probably wouldn't repurchase it just because I rarely use shimmer blushes. Do you own any of the Milani Baked Blushes? What shades do you own and how do you like them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment