Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Olay: Fresh Effects 'As Fresh As New' Exfoliating Wet Cloths

Good afternoon everyone!

It might seem strange, but one of my all-time favorite makeup/skincare products is makeup remover cloths. I absolutely love trying new ones and seeing how they compare with one another. The last time I was at Ulta I decided to try a new brand of cloths to me which were Olay. I absolutely love exfoliating cloths/wipes, they're by far some of my favorite products, but I've had a hard time finding ones that actually exfoliate. My favorite for a while now have been the studio makeup remover exfoliating cleansing cloths by ELF. I love the beads on these wipes, they do a fantastic job of exfoliating and helping to remove and persistent and lingering makeup. They retail for $3 for 10 sheets but I usually wait for ELF's 50% off sale and get them for $1.50 each which is a steal! If you would like me to do a more in-depth review on these cloths, please leave a comment below to tell me.

Anyway, back on topic! So, I love makeup wipes and decided to give the Olay Fresh Effects As Fresh As New exfoliating wet cloths a try. I have never tried any Olay makeup remover cloths before so I figured it would be good to give them a go. There are 25 cloths in a pack and the pack retails for $5.49 at Ulta (and I'm sure other places) - you can use the Ulta $3.50 off of $10 coupon with this item.
Generally I find the scented makeup remover wipes to smell very fake and artificial (especially the Say Yes to Cucumber and Blueberry cloths) and almost chemically. This wasn't the case with the Olay cloths, which are infused with honeysuckle and white tea and smell so fresh and real - they're just lovely. Even people who are sensitive to smells I believe will like these wipes because the scent isn't overwhelming or lingering.
All in all, I was very impressed with this item! One side of the wipe is smooth and the other side is for exfoliation, like most exfoliating cloths from other brands. It's a very intense exfoliator so I wouldn't recommend this product to people with sensitive skin, but I find that it does a fantastic job of exfoliating and removing persistent makeup stuck on your face. 
I also really like that you can use these wipes around your eyes, which isn't always the case with a lot of makeup wipes. I absolutely hated that I couldn't use the Say Yes to Cucumber wipes around my eyes - they TOTALLY made my eyes burn and there was a warning on the back of the pack to avoid contact with the eyes. That generally weirds me out, because it makes me wonder what kind of harmful products are in the wipes if I can't use them near my eyes. 
Back to the Olay cloths, I found that they are great at removing dead skin, and my skin has never felt smoother than after I use these. I tend to use them every other day or so because my skin is on the dry side and I don't want to overdo it but I think you could use them everyday without any problems if you prefer.

I know this might be a little gross, but I wanted to show you a photo after I barely used the cloth to show what the fabric of the exfoliating side of the cloth looks like since it didn't seem to show up very well when I took a picture of a clean wipe.

The only downside to these cloths, which I don't really mind is that they do not stretch. Some make up remover cloths are stretchy - these are not. If you try to stretch these cloths they will break - see the photo below. Honestly, this doesn't bother me, but it's just something to keep in mind when you use these cloths.
All in all, if that's the biggest problem with the cloths, I think that's VERY minimal. I really do recommend these makeup wipes if you love an intense exfoliator. If you have very sensitive skin, I would avoid this product because it might irritate your skin. I have found that using these wipes for the past two weeks or so has really helped clear up my blemishes and has helped smooth my skin. My skin has never felt softer and for that reason alone I will definitely be repurchasing these in the future!

What are your favorite makeup remover cloths? Have you tried any lately that you've been loving? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment