Friday, November 7, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale: My Ultimate Wish List & Recommendations!



Hi everyone!

So in my previous post, I talked with you guys about the products I have already purchased during the Sephora VIB/VIB Rouge 20% off sale going on right now and decided that it might be fun to share with you guys the top 25 products that I would buy right now if I had unlimited funds to spend on beauty items. Unfortunately that is not the case, but it's fun to pretend! Not all of these products are super pricey, they're just items I'm intrigued and I'd love to try out.

Here we go in no particular order! And once again, quick disclaimer, all photos in this post are from Sephora since I do not own any of these products and cannot take my own photos of them.

1.) Origins: Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel
Full Price: $15.50 at Sephora
I first heard about this product from a youtube video (I honestly can't remember who), but they said this was the best product for quickly getting rid of breakouts and even for using before you get a breakout but you can feel it coming. I have another blemish remover gel that I want to use up first before I purchase this so it'll have to wait for another time.


2.) First Aid Beauty: Eye Duty Triple Remedy
Full Price: $36 at Sephora
This is an eye treatment that is intended to instantly brighten, depuff, and smooth your under eye area. I have pretty bad under eye circles so I'm always on the hunt for products that can help reduce them. I love that this is a skincare item, rather than makeup, so it's trying to help fix the under eye area not just cover it.






3.) Too Faced: Everything Nice Set
Full Price: $56 at Sephora
This is the Holiday Palette from Too Faced this year, and while I think it's an incredible value, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on it and actually purchase it. I have one of the holiday eye shadow palettes from last year and even though I think the eyeshadows are fantastic, I just don't reach for it that often. I'm passing on this one this year, but I highly recommend it if you've never tried Too Faced shadows! It also comes with makeup brushes, 2 blushes, 2 bronzers, and a mascara so it's a really great palette because it covers all the bases and you can try a bunch of Too Faced products all at once!

4.) Marc Jacobs Beauty: Kiss Pop - Heartbreaker 602
Full Price: $28 at Sephora
The packaging of these lipsticks is absolutely adorable! I love the shade Heartbreaker, a pink coral color, and I think it would be very flattering on my skin tone. However, since I'm really into nudes at the moment I've decided to wait and not purchase it because I know I probably won't wear it right away, especially since it's almost winter and this is a very spring/summer shade. Nonetheless, if you like bright lipsticks check these out, they're super pigmented and look beautiful on the lips!




5.) Laura Mercier: Secret Brightening Powder
Full Price: $24 at Sephora
I've been on the hunt for a really great under eye setting powder to set my concealer and I think this would be a great one since it's intended to be very brightening. The reviews on Sephora's website also seem to be very positive for this powder which is encouraging. However, since I've never tried any Laura Mercier products before I really want to see it in the store before purchasing it to make sure that I actually like it. But for $24, which seems like a good deal, you do seem to get a lot of product so I'm sure it would last a long time.

6.) BECCA: Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights
Full Price: $25 at Sephora
I don't tend to wear highlighter everyday, but I do really enjoy it. This is a great Holiday Set that only costs $25 and you get three deluxe sample size tubes (0.17 oz each) of three different highlighter shades from BECCA. These look absolutely gorgeous, but since I don't wear highlighter all that often I just haven't been able to justify purchasing it, even with the 20% off during the VIB Sale.






7.) BECCA: Radiant Skin Creamy Concealer - Banana
Full Price: $32 at Sephora
I've loved all the BECCA products I've tried so far so I'm tempted to try this concealer, but it only has a 2.5/5 star rating on Sephora's website which isn't very good so I haven't made the move to purchase this item yet. I really want to test it out in the store first to see how I like it for myself.


9.) Dr. Brandt Skincare: Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
Full Price: $15 for 0.5 oz at Sephora
This is truly an amazing primer! I received a small sample of it in a subscription beauty box and absolutely loved it! It does a terrific job of not only minimizing your pores, but also smoothing your face so that your foundation applies so easily and makes your face look amazingly smooth and perfect, even when you have lots of imperfections. It's a miracle worker and I honestly can't recommend this primer enough. I would have purchased this product but they were sold out of the 0.5 oz size which sells for $15 and I have lots of other primers open right now that I'm trying to use up. Also, this product is available in a 1 oz size, but it's $45 which doesn't make sense because you can get three 0.5 oz tubes for the same price so just be aware of that.



10.) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Full Price: $58 at Sephora
While I do think these Hourglass palettes are slightly overhyped and overpriced, the quality of the powders is absolutely amazing and they are so beautiful. If they weren't so expensive I definitely wouldn't have thought twice about buying this one and the one below, the blush palette, but for nearly $60 that's just outside of my price range even though they are amazing.

11.) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
Full Price: $58 at Sephora
Also an amazing palette, the blushes are beautiful and look so natural and gorgeous on the skin. If I had unlimited funds, this would definitely be mine. But until that happens I will continue to swatch it at Sephora and appreciate its beauty.


12.) Dior: Dior Iconic Overcurl Set
Full Price: $28.50 at Sephora
This is an amazing deal for a full sized Dior mascara and mini 5 color eyeshadow palette. I think this would make an amazing gift, as it's super high end products but it's actually a really affordable set. I would have purchased this set but I actually just redeemed some of my Sephora points for a sample size of this mascara. If I happen to like it once I try it I might come back and purchase this set as it's a terrific deal.


13.) GlamGlow: Gift Sexy
Full Price: $69 at Sephora 
This is a great set from GlamGlow that is a trio of three of their products. I have a couple sample tubes of GlamGlow that I've yet to try, but I'm really curious about this brand since it's so pricey but yet the reviews of it are amazing! Once I try out my samples of GlamGlow and see how it reacts with my skin, if I like it I might come back and purchase this set.



14.) BareMinerals: touch up TO-GLOW
Full Price: $15 at Sephora 
This is such an affordable set that looks so luxe! I love the gold packaging! I think this would be a great gift for someone because it's something you might not buy for yourself but you'd appreciate getting it as a gift.



15.) Tory Burch: Tory Burch Rollerball Cracker
Full Price: $25 at Sephora 
I absolutely love this perfume by Tory Burch! I just redeemed some of my Sephora points for a deluxe sample of it so I decided not to purchase this set, but I do think this would be a great set to give as a gift because the packaging is just so beautiful!





16.) First Aid Beauty: Fab Faves to Go Kit
Full Price: $28 at Sephora 
I have not tried anything from this brand before so I think this would be a great way to try some of their most famous products without spending a fortune. I've head that the repair cream is amazing but that the cleanser is only so-so so I decided not to get this now just because I'm not totally sure about it. Since I did buy a facial mask from this brand during the VIB Sale (check my previous post), if I like it I might buy this to try out more items from the line.

17.) YSL: Holiday Gift Set
Full Price: $75 at Sephora 
This is such a luxe set by YSL that would be amazing to get if I had unlimited funds. In this set you get their famous Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer (I have this product and absolutely love it for brightening up my under eye area and highlighting the center of my face), the Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll, a Gloss Volupté in #30 Corail Lingot, a 1 oz sample of Top Secrets Pro Remover, and an adorable YSL makeup pouch. I think this is an okay deal, but it's definitely not the best deal ever. I do think if you've never tried any YSL products before, this is a great way to try out several at once. The Touche Eclat is full-sized and retails for $41, the full-sized mascara of 0.2 oz retails for $30 (you get 0.06 oz in the set), the Gloss Volupte is full-sized and retails for $32, and the remover is sample size as you get 1 oz, but the full-size is 3.3 oz and retails for $30.


18.) Amazing Cosmetics: Amazing Concealer Flawless Face Kit - Fair Golden
Full Price: $47 at Sephora 
I've been tempted before to try out the concealer from Amazing Cosmetics, but I've never been able to make the purchase, so I was really intrigued by this gift set it's only $47 and the concealer by itself is $42. Now in the set you get smaller samples so that's how they are able to do it. Instead of the full-size concealer that's 0.5 oz, in the set you get one that's only 0.2 oz. So once you start looking at the sizes of the products included I realized it wasn't as good of a deal as I originally thought. Nonetheless, having never tried any products from this company I think this is a great way to get a feel from the line.


19.) Marc Jacobs Beauty: Collector's Edition Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer - Midnight in Paris
Full Price: $24 at Sephora 
This is an absolutely gorgeous navy blue shade of nail polish by Marc Jacobs. It's limited edition and comes in beautiful packaging. If I could justify spending $24 on a single nail polish than this would totally be the shade and I would buy it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately that's not the case.





20.) Estee Lauder: Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Toning Lotion/Refiner
Full Price: $25 at Sephora 
I've been dying to try out a new Toner but until I finish up my current one this will remain on my wish list. I love that this is a 2-in-1 toning lotion plus exfoliator which conditions and balances your skin all at once. I generally love Estee Lauder skincare products so I definitely will be giving this one a try once I finish off my currently open toner.


21.) BeautyBlender: Micro Mini
Full Price: $17.95 at Sephora 
These are absolutely adorable and I think they would be so good for blending in concealer and other precision work while applying your makeup on your face. I haven't been able to commit to buying them because $18 for 2 little sponges seems ridiculously overpriced, but I really want to give them a try because I love my full-size beauty blender.






22.) Make Up For Ever: Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation - No. 30 Porcelain
Full Price: $36 at Sephora 
I've never tried any MUFE products and I've been dying to try out this foundation. I love matte foundations and the review on this one are amazing so I really want to give it a go. Having bought two foundations in my VIB Sale haul I definitely didn't need to buy another one, but in the future I will definitely be buying this one.



23.) Laura Mercier: Smooth Finish Foundation Powder - Color 4
Full Price: $46 at Sephora 
As I said in the previous entry, I definitely don't need any other foundations at the moment, but I really want to try this powder foundation by Laura Mercier in the future. I love powder foundations and wear them almost everyday so I'm always on a hunt to try and find a better one than my all time favorite Clinique one. I like that this foundation is intended to give you a really smooth finish to your skin, I think it would look beautiful!





24.) Tarte: The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer
Full Price: $24 at Sephora 
I'm definitely not a pro at contouring so I think this would be a very fun product to test out and see if it makes contouring much simpler. From the youtube videos I've watched and reviews I've read on it, it seems like most people really enjoy it. This is definitely a product I would like to swatch first in the store to make sure the shade is a good match for me before I purchase it.




25.) NARS: Virtual Domination Cheek Palette
Full Price: $65 at Sephora 
This is an absolutely gorgeous limited edition palette from NARS that has five face products in it. You get a highlighter, 3 blushes, and their famous laguna bronzer. I really would love to get this palette, I think the packaging is very sleek and all the shades of the products are absolutely gorgeous and I think would flatter many different skin tones. Even at 20% off, this is definitely still a very pricey palette but is definitely one that I think I would use almost everyday and would be great to travel with.


Allright, those are my dream wish list items and recommendations that I would love to get if I had an unlimited beauty budget. What items are you craving for? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment