Monday, November 3, 2014

Tarte: Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara (Deluxe Sample)

Hi everyone, hope you had a spooktacular Halloween weekend!

Today for Mascara Monday I have decided to review a deluxe sample of Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. I received this item in a bonus set from making a purchase at Ulta. You can purchase the deluxe sample size of the product which contains 0.16 oz and sells for $10 at Sephora and Ulta. The regular, or full-size, of this mascara contains 0.24 oz of product and retails for $20 at Sephora and Ulta. I love that you have the option to buy a deluxe sample size to try out before you spend a lot on a mascara that you might not like.
Overall, I absolutely ADORE this formula! It's by far my favorite at the moment!

On the positive side, I love the look that this mascara provides and it's super easy to apply without getting messy - an essential for me! The formula is on the wet side so it nicely applies to the lashes and the bristles are perfect for sliding through your lashes without clumping too much. Also, I did find that this mascara is slightly clumpy, but in a way that makes my lashes seem more full and dense, rather than clumpy in a negative way. Additionally, for being a wetter formula, I don't find that this mascara is messy at all. I love that this mascara is very black as it really makes my lashes seem more full and dense.

I also really like the packaging of this mascara, it comes in a nice wooden tube with purple lettering and decoration. It feels natural, which Tarte is known for, and I just really like it. It's really different than any other mascara I've seen.
The only negative I have for this mascara is that it has a slight smell to it. It's not overwhelming by any means but if you're ultra sensitive to smells do take note of that.

Final Verdict:
All in all, I really love this mascara! I absolutely adore the look it gives and it's super easy to apply without getting messy or clumpy. I think it makes my lashes look longer and fuller, but in a natural way - perfect for an everyday mascara! I highly recommend this mascara and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future!

Have you tried this or any other Tarte mascaras yet? Which are your favorites or are you dying to try? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment