Monday, November 17, 2014

Lorac: Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara (Deluxe Sample)

Hi everyone,

Hope you've all had a terrific weekend and that your week is off to a great start! Toady for mascara Monday I will be reviewing a deluxe-size sample of Lorac's Mulitplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara. A full-size of this mascara retails for $22 for 0.43 oz from Ulta and Lorac's website. Lorac describes this mascara as, "Take your lashes from 1-Dimensional to 3-Dimensional with LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes. This buildable, smudge-resistant and multidimensional mascara contains Silk and Keratin, which help to nourish and condition your lashes. We created this mascara with a professional curved brush that easily grabs, lifts and curls for maximum coverage and length. Multiplex 3D Lashes is a volumizing mascara and thickening mascara that instantly delivers up to 3X the volume for a dramatic lash look. This is one of the best mascaras when creating that smokey eye makeup look!"
Overall, I think this is a good mascara, definitely not my all time favorite mascara but I don't hate it and will continue to use it. To start, the packaging of this mascara is very striking. It comes in a sleek black and metallic silver tube and when the silver on the tube catches the light, it has a rainbow prism effect that's very beautiful.

The wand of this mascara is very interesting, it's curved slightly and is unlike any other mascara wand that I've used previously. This wand definitely takes practice to perfect since it's unique. I don't really like this wand for applying mascara to all my eyelashes, but I do find that it's absolutely perfect for doing the inner and outer corners. The bristles on this mascara wand are rubber and are very flexible for easy brushing through lashes. While this mascara claims to be volumizing and thickening, I didn't find it to be overly volumizing or lengthening. It's slightly clumpy, but doesn't really provide much density to my lashes.
The formula of this mascara is very wet which makes for a very messy application. I do recommend applying all your eye makeup first before doing your face makeup so that you can easily clean up any mess from this mascara. The color of this mascara is a nice black, not overly dark, but great for everyday wear. For those of you who are sensitive to smells, I will say that this mascara has a slight smell, but I don't find it to be overpowering.

Final Verdict:
So overall, I think this is a great mascara, but it's definitely not one of my all-time favorites, and I probably wouldn't buy a full-sized tube of it. For being a volumizing and thickening mascara, I didn't notice too much of a difference in terms of the density of my lashes. I have relatively short eyelashes, so I probably won't repurchase this mascara as I prefer lengthening and volumizing mascaras.

Have you tried this Lorac mascara yet? What mascaras are you loving right now? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment