Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Eyes Lips Face (ELF): Pressed Mineral Bronzer (3 Shades)

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of ELF's Pressed Mineral Bronzer in three of the four available shades. These are a relatively new product to ELF, I believe they were released in August. Each bronzer contains 0.14 oz of product and retail for $5 from ELF's website. I'm not sure yet if this product is available to buy at Target, like some ELF products. Every so often, ELF has 50% off sales so do try to wait for one of those because then you can get these bronzers for only $2.50 each.


ELF describes these bronzers as "Create a healthy looking glow year-round with this sculpting bronzer. The silky smooth texture of this pressed formula is blendable for everyday wear. Infused with Vitamin E and Grape to help nourish the skin for a more revitalized feel."

In terms of packaging, I think these bronzers are very sleek! They come in a small black compact type packaging with a clear lid so you can see the shade through the top.

This bronzer is available in four shades currently:
     - Baked Peach
     - Tan Toffee
     - Caramel Cabana
     - Beach Bronze (The one shade I don't have)
Baked Peach is more of a highlighter shade than a bronzer in my opinion. It's a very light bronzer that I'd honestly think would even be too light for the fairest of skin tones and is also a bit powdery. It also contains a lot of shimmer and sheen, and I think it's too shimmery to be a bronzer. As a highlighter, I really like this product as it has a bronze hint to it, which I think makes it look a bit more natural on top of a matte contouring bronzer or blush. In terms of coloring, I find that this shade gives off a shimmery champagne-pink color.

Tan Toffee is a really nice warm medium range bronzer color with warm undertones. This is the only matte shade out of all the colors, and thus, I believe it is the best color of the group to contour with. I wouldn't say it's 100% matte, more of a semi-matte with a very slight sheen, but no shimmer. It's not the deepest shade, so I think if you're about my skin tone or any darker this shade will probably be too light for you to contour with. I like using this shade to even out my skin tone and add a slight color to my face.

The last color of these bronzers that I have is Caramel Cabana. This shade is a more medium to tan range warm toned bronzer shade with a sort of reddish brown tone to it. It is a nice deep shade that does have some sheen to it, but no shimmer. It, like Tan Toffee, is a semi-matte shade.

The color I don't have is Beach Bronze, which is a deep cooler toned bronzer that does contain shimmer. I didn't purchase this bronzer as I thought it would be too dark for my skin tone.


The formula of these bronzers is soooo silky and soft! For those of you who have tried ELF's Pressed Mineral Blushes, these are very similar. Do make sure to tap off your brush before applying it to your face as these bronzers are incredibly soft and you don't want any fallout. Additionally, these bronzers are pretty pigmented and I find they look very similar applied to as they look in the packaging. The bronzers feel lightweight when applied to your face and you can definitely build them up for more coverage if you desire.

Swatches applied to my face with no additional makeup
Final Verdict:
I really like these bronzers, but I hope ELF comes out with additional matte shades as I really prefer matte bronzers over shimmer bronzers. I think matte bronzers tend to be more useful, as you can always add highlighter on top of them if you want a shimmery look. I think the color range of this product is very wide (which isn't always the case with ELF products) and would flatter those of all skin tones, from the fairest to the darkest. I also think for the price, this bronzer can't be beat! I don't know where else you can get a bronzer this fantastic for only $2.50 (when you buy it on sale). I definitely recommend checking out these bronzers!

Have you tried any of ELF's Pressed Mineral Bronzers or Blushes? Which shades are your favorite? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment