Monday, November 10, 2014

CoverGirl: Lash Blast Length Mascara

Hi everyone,

Hope you've all had a terrific Monday! For today's Mascara Monday review, I will be discussing CoverGirl's Lash Blast Length Mascara. This mascara costs $7.99 from CoverGirl's website and $8.79 from Walgreens, so it's a great budget friendly drugstore mascara. CoverGirl describes this mascara as "Our Elasta-Nylon formula flexes without flaking, giving you extreme, notice-me lashes all day long. This lengthening mascara features our longest brush ever, giving you an 80% longer lash look."
Photo Courtesy of CoverGirl
This mascara is available in 4 different colors: brown, black brown, very black, and black. I have this mascara in the shade black brown. I like that there's a broad range of colors available, usually there's just a black option and maybe a brown, so having 2 brown and 2 black options is great! If you go with a brown mascara it tends to look more natural on your lashes than if you choose a black mascara which is a more bold option.
I find that the shade black brown looks very natural on my lashes and is a great option to wear to work or for days when you want a simple makeup look. It's like a my lashes but better kind of look - brown lashes just enhanced.
The packaging of this mascara is sunny and bright! It's a nice, bright yellow tube. Also, when you buy this mascara the tube comes sealed and the mascara wand is packaged separately so it's up to you when you open it and you can still see what the wand looks like before you purchase it, which I like since I'm very picky about my mascara wands. This is also a great mascara wand for doing your bottom lashes as it's not too huge in size.
Photo Courtesy of Walmart
Overall, I didn't find that this mascara was anything special. I found it easy to brush the wand through my lashes, but since not a lot of product comes out on the wand, I find that it takes a lot of really light coats to make it noticeable on your lashes and it's a bit clumpy. I didn't find that this mascara made too much of a difference in terms of the length of my lashes, which is the whole purpose of this mascara, so that was kind of disappointing.

Final Verdict:
All in all, I like this mascara but it's not my favorite by any means. I definitely don't think I would repurchase it, but I will continue to use it until I finish it. I like that it makes my lashes a nice dark brown shade, it makes them noticeable yet natural looking at the same time. I don't like that it takes so many coats to get a noticeable amount on my lashes, because at that point it usually looks clumpy too. Also, if you're looking for any volume in your mascara, this is definitely not the one for you as it really doesn't add much/any volume to your lashes. This wouldn't be a top recommendation from me, I think there are plenty of other drugstore mascaras that are a much better choice in my opinion.

Which CoverGirl mascara is your favorite? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment