Friday, November 7, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale: My (Intended) Purchases!

Hi everyone,

It's that special time of year again, it's time for Sephora's annual VIB/VIB Rouge sale! The sale this year is from Thursday 11/6 (today) thru Monday 11/10 so make sure to shop if you're a VIB! I thought I would do a blog post of the items that I've purchased in case this gives you some ideas of products you might like to try. Or at the very least, fuels your beauty addiction to get more items! Just a quick disclaimer, all photos in this video will be from Sephora, as I don't own any of these items yet. I will do reviews on the items once I receive them and try them out.

Okay so I'm going to start with lips, then eyes, foundation, and skincare. Here we go!

1.) NARS: Audacious Lipstick - Racquel
I have been dying to try out one of these lipsticks for the longest time! They're just so pricey that I couldn't justify it, but with 20% off, they are only $25.60, which is much more affordable than $32. I was dying to get the shade Barbara, but unfortunately it's already sold out, so I picked the shade Racquel. Sephora describes the shade Racquel as a "pink beige" so I'm hoping it will be a nice nude/neutral shade. I've been absolutely loving nudes at the moment, I think they are absolutely beautiful with a nice sculpted face.

Price: $32 at Sephora
VIB Price: $25.60




2.) Kat Von D: Studded Kiss Lipstick - Lovecraft
I've never tried a Kat Von D lipstick, so I decided to pick up one of these as well! Once again, I'm loving nude shades so I picked the shade Lovecraft, which Sephora describes as "matte mauve pink nude." Whereas the NARS lipstick leans toward a more taupe undertone, this lipstick leans more towards a pink/rose undertone. This shade definitely fits in with the Kylie Jenner/90s lip trend that's still going on. Plus the packaging is super cute!

Full Price: $21 at Sephora
VIB price: $16.80
3.) Bite Beauty: Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis - Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Gavi 
Another brand I've never tried anything from is Bite Beauty and I'm definitely rectifying that with this haul! As part of their holiday collection, Bite Beauty has released a bunch of different deluxe size samples as their "Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis" which only cost $12. It's a great way to try out some different products without committing to a full-size, which are about $24 each. In this collection, you can get deluxe sample sizes of their Lush Fruit Lip Glosses, Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos, and their Matte Crème Lip Crayons. This first item is a Matte Crème Lip Crayon in the shade Gavi, which Sephora describes as a "fleshy peach/nude" color. I really think this is a very flattering nude tone that leans warm which will make you seem alive and not dead like some cool-tone leaning nude colors.

Full Price: $12 at Sephora
VIB price: $9.60


4.) Bite Beauty: Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis - Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Glacé
This is another Matte Crème Lip Crayon, in the shade Glacé, which Sephora describes as a "dusty mauve" color. This is a cooler toned and slightly darker color than the previous one, and I'm excited to try it!

Full Price: $12 at Sephora
VIB price: $9.60
5.) Bite Beauty: Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis - Luminous Crème Lipstick Duo in Retsina & Musk
The last Bite Beauty product I picked out was the Luminous Crème Lipstick Duo in the shades Retsina and Musk. This is a lipstick that has two different colors, one on each end. I love this for putting in your purse because you have two shades in one lipstick tube, how convenient!

Full Price: $12 at Sephora
VIB price: $9.60
6.) Tarte: Lights, Camera, Lashes Inner Rim Liner
I love Tarte's makeup products and I've been on the search for a great brightening eye liner for my waterline so I decided to give this one a try since I've seen some great reviews on it. My eyes tend to water a lot so oftentimes any products I put on my waterline are gone shortly after I apply them. I figured I would give this one a shot and if it doesn't, I'll just return it.

Full Price: $19 at Sephora
VIB price: $15.20




7.) BECCA: Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème - Buff
I've been using the BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation for a while now and I truly love it! The color Buff matches my skin absolutely perfectly, and I've never found a foundation that's a better match for me than that one. I decided to check out the other BECCA foundations and came across this one which is very full coverage foundation and also comes in the color Buff. I've been trying to discover my holy grail full coverage foundation so hopefully this is it! Sephora describes the color Buff as "light to medium beige, neutral to yellow/golden undertones." Foundations are quite pricey so they are great products to pick up during the VIB sale!

Full Price: $44 at Sephora
VIB price: $35.20


8.) Laura Mercier: Silk Creme Foundation - Medium Ivory
I've never tried a Laura Mercier product before so I thought this was a terrific time to try something new! This is a full coverage, long lasting foundation that is suppose to cover everything you want covered without looking like you're wearing a ton of foundation. I have a lot of red pigmentation and uneven skin tone on my face so I'm always looking for products that are aimed to hide redness and even out skin tone. Sephora describes Medium Ivory as a "warm beige/light to medium skin tones - sunny beige family." It's so hard to pick foundations online, but I gave it my best shot, hopefully this is a good match because I've never swatched it before!

Full Price: $47 at Sephora
VIB price: $37.60



9.) Clinique: Almost Powder SPF 15 - Light
This is my holy grail pressed powder! I've been using it constantly since high school and haven't found anything that I like better. A close second would be the IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation, but this one still beats it in my opinion. I feel like this is a product that is not talked about a lot but it's truly fantastic. If you love powder foundations definitely check this one out! It doesn't come in a lot of shades, but it applies very nicely to the face and covers my uneven skin pigmentation amazingly well for a powder. Even when you apply a decent amount of it, I find that I don't look cakey and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin so I love wearing it on casual days. It also has SPF 15 so it's perfect for protecting your skin if it's the only product you're wearing during the day.

Full Price: $27 at Sephora
VIB price: $21.60

10.) First Aid Beauty: Skin Rescue Purifying Mask With Red Clay
Skincare is so expensive so getting it 20% off definitely makes it a worthwhile time to stock up and try some new products! I've recently been on a kick to try out different facial masks and with the weather getting colder my skin is definitely getting drier and it's the perfect time to try out some new exfoliating and pore-reducing face masks. This is a product that I've heard a lot of good things about and it's also an Allure 2014 Best of Beauty award winner, which definitely influenced me to give it a try. It's a mask that you apply and then peel off which I think are best for really clearing out your skin. I'm excited to give it a try and will definitely do a review on it soon!

Full Price: $30 at Sephora
VIB price: $24



11.) Boscia: The Black Collection
I recently purchased the Sephora Favorites Beauty Unmasked set (another great one to try  out!) and tried the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask and I've become so obsessed with it that I decided to pick up this holiday gift set. This set retails for $39 and you get the full-size of the Luminizing Black Face Mask (which retails for $34 normally), a 1 oz sample of the Detoxifying Black Cleanser (the full-size 5 oz size retails for $28), and the Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal (which retails for $15 normally). So for only $4 more than the price of just the Luminizing Black Mask you also get two other great items to try out, one of which is full-sized! I love the Luminizing Black Mask because it does a great job of removing the impurities and dirt in your skin without completely drying out or irritating your skin like some other face masks I've tried. I highly recommend checking out this set if you're interested in trying out this face mask since it's a terrific deal!

Full Price: $39 at Sephora
VIB price: $31.20


What items are you planning to purchase during Sephora's VIB/VIB Rouge 20% sale? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment