Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale: My (Actual) Purchases!

Hi everyone,

I'm soooooo excited to share with you my purchases from Sephora's VIB sale! Yesterday, the second of my two purchases finally came in, so I was able to take photos and do some initial swatches for you guys. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the VIB Sale, it's a 20% off everything sale at Sephora exclusively for VIB and VIB Rouge members that I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) once a year. This year, the sale was from Thursday 11/6 (today) thru Monday 11/10. You can see my intended purchases blog post here and my wish list and recommendations blog post here if you're interested. Sephora had so many purchases during this time that the site was down for hours at a time and shipments from their warehouses were severely delayed. So you'll see below, but I clearly bought more than I was originally intending to, but getting 20% off items that never go on sale was just too good to refuse. I hate to do this, but just a quick disclaimer - I'm in no way trying to brag or boast about the items I got during the sale, I just want to share my new products with my fellow beauty lovers so please don't take this post the wrong way! So with that said, lets jump right in!

LIPS
So I went a little lip crazy because I've been dying for some more nude lip color options and I wanted to try out several brands that I've never tried before. I bought three of the Bite Beauty: Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis, which at $12 a pop are a great way to try several of the different colors in the line. I purchased the Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Gavi and two Luminous Crème Lipstick Duos, one in Retsina & Musk, and the other in Date & Fig.

I also purchased a TooFaced Melted Liquified Lipstick in the shade Melted Nude, a Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in the shade Petal, Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in the shade LoveCraft, and a Nars Audacious Lipstick in the shade Raquel,

FOUNDATION
I took the opportunity during the VIB Sale to try out some new foundations and pick up one of my all time favorites. So I picked up an extra of my holy grail powder foundation, Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup with SPF 15 in the shade Light, as well as, I decided to try out BECCA's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème in the shade Buff and Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation in the shade Medium Ivory.

FACE
This was a last minute purchase, but I decided to pick up the Ambient Lighting Palette by Hourglass. I've never swatched it before but it has such high reviews that I decided to give it a go and try it out! I will definitely do a more in-depth review once I've used it a bit so stay tuned.

SKINCARE
I also love stocking up on skincare products during the VIB Sale because the items are often very pricey. The first thing I picked up was an item I've been dying to try for a while now, First Aid Beauty's Skin Rescue Purifying Mask With Red Clay. I also picked up Boscia's The Black Collection kit which contains a full-size of the Luminizing Black Face Mask, a 1 oz sample of the Detoxifying Black Cleanser, and the Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal. Additionally I purchase Sephora's Beauty Unmasked Kit which contains a Boscia Luminizing Black Face Mask, Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, and GlamGlow's ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment. I also got Sephora's Pearl face mask to try out and a small size of GlamGlow's YouthMud TingleExfoliate Treatment since I've never tried any skincare items from either brand before.

REDEEMED POINTS
In addition, I also redeemed some of my points during the sale. For 100 points each, I picked up a sample of Buxom's Mascara Bar mascara and the DiorShow Iconic Overcurl mascara. I also picked up a deluxe sample of Tory Burch's perfume for 250 points.

SAMPLES
Since I made two purchases online during the VIB Sale I was able to pick out 6 samples to try. I got:
          - Argon Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil in Limitless Pink  by Josie Maran
          - GinZing Moisturizer by Origins
          - Thermal Cleansing Balm by Omorovicza
          - Pore Medic Pore Minish Primer by Dr. Jart+
          - Rain Eau de Perfume by Clean
          - SuperMud Clearing Treatment by GlamGlow (White Packaging)
With each order, I also received a sampler pack of some of Sephora's most popular fragrances. What a great way to try out a bunch and figure out which scents you like!

What items did you pick up during Sephora's VIB Sale? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment