Saturday, October 18, 2014

BECCA: Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

Happy Foundation Friday everyone! 

Today's review is of BECCA's Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in the shade Buff. This foundation is on the pricey side, it retails for $42 for 1.35 oz. of product at Ulta, Sephora, and on the Becca websiteBECCA claims that this is a medium, buildable coverage foundation that controls shine throughout the day with its mattifying properties and leaves skin exceptionally smooth and matte. This foundation is designed for combination to oily skin, but I have normal to dry skin and find no problems using this foundation. This foundation blends perfectly into the skin for a long-lasting, soft-focus matte finish that minimizes the appearance of pore and controls shine. The soft focus of this foundation also helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles which is ideal for older ladies.
          
In terms of the packaging, I like that this product comes in a squeezy tube with a very small pinpoint nozzle. With this nozzle you have lots of control over how much product you get out at a time which is great so that you don't waste product by getting out too much at once ! I also love that you don't have to pour this product out of a bottle onto your hand like some foundations. I always prefer foundations that have a pump or are in a squeezy tube like this one.

This foundation is available in 20 shades so there's bound to be a shade that's a near-perfect match to your skin tone. The shade that is a PERFECT match with my skin tone is BuffBECCA describes this color as being a light to medium beige with neutral to yellow/golden undertones. I've honestly never had a foundation that matched my skin as well as this one. I'm so impressed! I've attached some photos below from Ulta to help you find your ideal shade.
The foundation itself is on the heavier side, more of a mousse-like texture. You can tell in the photo above that it isn't very liquidy and doesn't slide all over the back of my hand like some liquid foundations. As described in the title of this foundation, this is a matte foundation. I find that it is a sort of velvety matte finish in the sense that skin looks perfectly smooth and matte, but not dry and unnatural like some matte foundation. I do find that this is a true medium coverage foundation that can be built up to a heavy coverage foundation where needed.

This foundation does a terrific job of evening my skin tone out, hiding blemishes, and hiding most of the red patches on my face. I do like that a little bit of my cheek redness shows through which makes it seem more natural and like I'm not wearing any makeup on my face. This foundation also does an amazing job of minimizing pores! When I wear it there are no signs of pores anywhere on my face! My skin looks so smooth and flawless. I've honestly had people come up to me when I wear it and compliment me on how nice my skin is.
Sorry I didn't completely blend in the foundation on my hand in the last photo.
I also like that this is a water in silicone emulsion foundation that is free of oil, alcohol, and fragrance. This foundation is great for people with sensitive skin as often times fragrance and scents can irritate skin and cause breakouts. I have not experienced any breakouts from using this foundation.

I tend to prefer to apply this foundation with my fingers and a sponge, like a beauty blender. I find that this product does tend to set quickly so you need to work fast and as a result I tend to apply this foundation to my face in sections. I generally apply the foundation with my fingers and then use a beauty blender or sponge to even out the product and ensure an air-brushed looking result that is natural and radiantI love that this is a truly buildable foundation that allows you to start with less and build up coverage in the places you need it without looking cakey or unnatural. I first apply a thin layer all over my face and then apply additional product where needed to cover up stubborn areas of redness or blemishes. There's no need to apply a setting powder after applying this foundation but you can if you like. I always love using a setting powder and recently I've been using Too Faced's Primed and Poreless Finishing Veil and my new IT cosmetics jumbo powder brush (see my review of it here).

I love the look of a matte face. I know some people prefer dewy, but I just love a natural matte face. I find that this product isn't powdery and doesn't look cakey on - it's very natural so even those of you who prefer a more dewy look might like it. Here are some face swatches where I have the foundation on one half of my face and nothing on the other half. I did not use any primer on my face so that you could see how the foundation by itself.
In Natural Light:

With a flash:

Final Verdict:
All in all, I'm totally in love with this foundation! It's the best foundation I've ever tried so I can't recommend this product enough! I absolutely love this foundation for everyday wear and for special events. I know I can count on it to last all day. I would repurchase this foundation instantly and intend to do so once I finish this tube. This foundation is great for covering up and evening out skin tone without looking like you're wearing makeup. I love that it gives such a flawless and effortless look to your skin. I think with 20 colors in the collection you're bound to find one that is a perfect match to your skin tone even if you've never had a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone before, like me! I'm so obsessed with this foundation and I highly recommend it!!!!

Have you tried this foundation or any other BECCA products yet? What foundation are you loving right now? Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment