Thursday, October 16, 2014

Palladio: Herbal Matte Blush

Hope everyone is having a happy Thursday!

Today's review is of the Palladio Herbal Matte Blush in the shade Peach Ice. This blush retails for $7 on the Palladio Beauty website and is currently on sale for $5.99 at Ulta. I've never tried any products from the Palladio Beauty collection before, so I thought I would pick up one of their blushes the last time I was at Ulta to give it a try. Palladio Beauty is known for having herbal and vitamin enriched beauty products. According to the Palladio Beauty website, this blush was the winner of a Best Beauty Buys award from Family Circle magazine in 2014.
This blush is available in four shades - berry pink, bayberry, peach ice, toasted apricot. I purchased the color peach ice thinking it would be a nice subtle blush color. Unfortunately, this isn't the right shade for me as it's much too light and not very peachy on my skin. It enhances the natural redness of my face which I'm trying to cover so it's just not the right shade for me. I think this color might look best on very fair skin tones. While I do think that the blush has decent pigmentation, I don't think it would show up too well on darker skin tones. For being a beach shade too, it's not too orange based which depending on what you're looking for could be a good or bad thing.
Palladio beauty describes this product as, "An enhancing blush brushes onto cheeks smoothly for a soft matte look and an even finish. Satin finish flatters the face and helps hide the appearance of line and wrinkles shimmer blushes may enhance." Also, this blush is formulated with Apricot Kernel, Ginseng Root Extract, Aloe and Chamomile Extract to help condition and protect the skin from free-radical damage, and Kaolin Clay and Zinc Oxide to help deliver flawless, velvety coverage. I do find that this blush is very blendable, but I find that it doesn't have the longest wear time.

I do really like the packaging of this blush, it's a nice slim plastic compact with a see-thru lid. It feels and looks like a higher end blush. I also like that the blush compact is a decent size - I have a pet peeve of when blushes are too small so it's hard to get your brush (which is then too big for the compact) decently coated in order to apply it without looking patchy.

I'm sorry I don't have any swatches of this product, I actually returned it before I had the chance to photograph it. If you would like to see swatches of all four shades of the blush, I recommend checking out this video by Krystal Lynn on youtube. If you see her hand swatches of all four shades, I think you can tell that the shades Berry Pink and Peach Ice are much more sheer and less pigmented than Toasted Apricot and Bayberry.

Final Verdict
I apologize for not having my own swatches of this blush! All in all, I wasn't all that impressed with the pigmentation of this blush and decided to return it since it was not the right shade for my skin tone. I am intrigued to try out the shade Toasted Apricot, but at the same time I have many other drugstore blushes that I prefer over this one in terms of formula, color, and texture - like the City Color Cosmetics Matte Blushes which retail for only $5. I don't hate this blush but I really don't think it's anything too special.

Have you tried any of the Palladio Beauty blushes yet? Which color do you like most? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment