Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mally: Evercolor Poreless Face Defender

Hi everyone!

Today's review is of the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender. Like with the ELF Lip Exfoliator (See my review of it here), I first learned about this product from the youtube channel of Emily from Beauty Broadcast who loves this product so much that I was tempted to try it out myself. I've long wanted to try this product, but at $40 at Ulta it was definitely above my price range. However, during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty during the month of September, they offered it one day for only $25 so I jumped on it and bought it without thinking twice as I think that's a fantastic steal! I'm not sure if they will be doing it something like that again soon, but definitely keep an eye out for another sale. 

What drew me to this product was its uniqueness - I've never seen a product quite like this! There seem to be a lot of products recently that try to mimic it, like the CoverGirl TruMagic Skin Perfector (which I also have), but they come no where close to the real thing after I tried the Mally Face Defender. The biggest difference between the two is definitely the consistency of the product.
Mally describes this product as "an utterly sheer, featherweight product that diffuses the look of pores, minimizes fine lines, and helps protect your makeup so it lasts from morning to night." It also helps to "give you that flawless matte finish without the dry, ashy look of powder," that results in "silky smooth skin and longer-lasting makeup." I love taking this product with me during the day or at night because instead of adding more makeup on my face for touchups throughout the day, if I use this product I add no additional makeup to my face (which can make you look cakey sometimes) and yet still get a beautiful look and fix any problem areas that may have appeared over the course of the day. I also really like the unique sponge that comes with the product. Unlike most makeup sponges that come with a product, this sponge is very deep which makes it perfect for patting the product on your face without caking it on. It truly does apply the right amount of product to your face. If I apply this to one side of my face I can definitely see a visible difference between the two  sides in terms of concealing my pores and fine lines and also refreshing my entire face of makeup.
I did not include any swatch photos of this product because it is truly clear and weightless so it doesn't swatch. But trust me when I say that this product makes a world of a difference to refresh your makeup! Definitely give this product a try, especially if you tend to get oily or shiny over the course of the day and have been looking for a quick touch-up product. All in all, Mally's Evercolor Poreless Face Defender is the perfect finishing touch for your makeup. If I haven't convinced you yet, check out the high ratings of this product on both Ulta's and Mally's websites, it's a bestseller!

Have you guys tried the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender yet? Do you think it's worth all they hype? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment