Friday, October 10, 2014

Urban Decay: Naked2 Basics Eye Shadow Palette

Hi everyone,

Today's review is of the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics eye shadow palette. I had been debating for a long time whether not to get the first Naked Basics but I wasn't sold on it since I have the Naked2 palette and I wanted more matte shadows that I could use with that. Well, once the Naked2 Basics came out, I knew I had to have it! This is a palette of 6 neutral eye shadow colors that can be worn alone or paired with the Naked2 palette. I'm in love! This palette costs $29 and you can find it at tons of stores, including Ulta, Sephora, Macy's, & the Urban Decay website.
The biggest difference between this palette and the original Naked Basics palette is that this palette features shades that are cooler in tone and more suited to match the Naked2 palette. The eye shadows in this palette are taupe-hued matte neutrals. Five of the six shades in this palette are brand new, never-before-seen colors. The actual packaging of both Naked Basics are the same in terms of size and materials.
Five of the six shades are completely matte, but the lightest shade is a satin, which I actually find is very nice for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes. I love that no two colors in this palette are identical or are too similar so you can really get lots of great different looks from it.

The six shades included in this palette are:
          - Skimp: pale nude satin
          - Stark: nude-pink matte
          - Frisk: warm gray matte
          - Cover: muted red-brown matte
          - Primal: muted brown matte
          - Undone: deep, smoky brown matte

In terms of the formula of these shadows, they're just amazing, like all urban decay eye shadows! The texture is velvety smooth but I do find that it can be a little powdery, so I think it works best if you tap the excess off your brush before applying it to your eyelids so that you don't have any fallout on your face.
I love the packaging of this palette. It's so compact and sleek that it's perfect to travel with and take with you in your purse for touch ups. It's durable yet practical and cute all at the same time. For such a small compact, I'm very impressed they were able to get such a large mirror inside. Honestly, when I travel this is all I take with me because I can get so many great looks with it, from a neutral day look to an intense smokey eye. If I know I will want more nighttime looks while I travel, I'll just bring a small eyeshadow quad with shimmer shades with me and voila so many looks without bulky makeup taking up all your suitcase space! I haven't tried this yet, but some people also say that they use this product all over their face, like for filling in your brows, which once again makes this a great product to travel with since it's so versatile.
In terms of longevity, I find that this palette does provide long lasting coverage, especially when used with an eye shadow primer. Every time I've worn eyeshadows from this palette they lasted all day long and they didn't crease throughout the day. Also, I do have sensitive skin and eyes and I found that the eyeshadows in this palette doesn't irritate them so it'll be great for those of you who also have sensitive eyes or skin.

Final verdict:
All in all, this is a phenomenal eye shadow palette! I think if you prefer cool-toned neutrals rather than warm-toned neutrals this is the palette for you. By being all matte shadows (and one satin) these eye shadows can really be used by all ages and I think they would flatter all skin tones. I also find that I'm liking and using my Naked2 palette a lot more now that I can pair it with this palette. I highly recommend the Naked2 Basics palette, I really love using it and for only $29 it's actually a pretty affordable higher-end eyeshadow palette.

Are you a fan of the new Naked2 Basics palette or do you prefer the original Naked Basics? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment