Monday, October 6, 2014

IT Cosmetics: Jumbo Powder Brush

Today's review is of the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Jumbo Powder Brush. I have been wanting this brush for so long that when I saw it brand new, still sealed for only $30 on ebay the other day I knew I had to have it. I will say that's the most I've ever paid for a makeup brush and that's only about half of what it actually costs - a whooping $58 full-price. You can purchase this brush full-price from Ulta, QVC, and the It Cosmetics website. Do check on ebay, as you might be able to find this brush brand new for a much lower price. My brush was recently purchased and was still sealed in plastic in it's original tube, exactly the way it would come at Ulta.
This brush is the softest brush I own! I though the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush, which I also just got recently and reviewed, was extremely soft and couldn't be beat, but this one definitely beats it! It has an amazingly high rating on Ulta's website - 4.9 points out of a possible 5 points. Clearly everyone who is willing to shell out big bucks for this brush really ends up enjoying it.
The packaging of this brush is the same material all the IT Cosmetics brushes - the handle is a sort of smooth rubber like material, similar to Nars packaging and the Lorac Pro Palette packaging. I love that this brush has a very long handle and the bristles of this brush are oh so soft, definitely the softest I've ever seen in a makeup brush! Yet even though they're super soft, they are strong enough to distribute powder onto your face nicely for a flawless look.
The bristles are 100% synthetic and vegan, so they are great for people who have sensitive skin and you can use them with wet or dry products, although I have no idea what kind of wet products you would use with this brush. In general, synthetic bristles give a streak free finish and don’t soak up products as much as natural hair bristles.
Comparison with the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush
I find that they brush provides a totally flawless power application. My skin looks so smooth when I use this brush, even when I have blemishes or small bumps on my face that I'm trying to hide. All in all, it's a luxurious brush that's a joy to use on your face and it does a fantastic job at what it's suppose to be doing as well, which is evenly distributing a light layer of powder to set your makeup.

In the end though I guess it all boils down to is this brush worth the money? I honestly think it is - with the caveat that you can find it for less, like I did on ebay or some other website. I don't think I could afford to or justify buying this brush full-price however much I'd like to. I have never experienced a brush this soft before - it feel so smooth on the face and is such a joy to use. I honestly just want to put on powder so I can use this brush - does that give you a clue about how much I love it?!? 


Have you tried any of the IT Cosmetics brushes yet? What's your all-time favorite makeup brush? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment