Monday, October 20, 2014

Urban Decay: Perversion Mascara (Deluxe Sample)

Hey everyone, happy mascara monday! Hope your week is off to a great start!

Today I have for you a review of the (somewhat) new Perversion mascara by Urban Decay. I received a deluxe sample of this product in an Ipsy bag about a month or so ago. There's a limited edition offer going on right now at Sephora and Ulta where if you buy the full-size mascara for $22 you will receive a deluxe sample of the Subversion primer, so if you decide to buy this mascara definitely purchase it from one of those two stores because, honestly, who doesn't love a freebie?!? You can also purchase this mascara from Nordstrom and the Urban Decay website, but they aren't doing the special bonus. The full size of this mascara contains 0.4 oz of product and comes in the color black.
Now just a quick disclaimer, my review for this product is based on the deluxe sample size of it so I don't know if my pros and cons will be the same for the full size, as sometime the brush and formula are slightly different for the various sizes.

Overall, I really disliked this mascara. I really wanted to love it, since I love most Urban Decay products, but unfortunately this one was a letdown for me. First of all, I found that the bristles on the wand of this mascara were way too soft and they did not allow for you to brush the product through the lashes. The formula of this mascara is very wet and even though I usually like more wet formula mascaras, this one was way to wet for me and resulted in the product being very clumpy. I also found that way too much product came out onto the bristles when you pulled out the tube so it was very easy to apply too much product to your eyelashes and end up with a gloppy mess. Being a wet formula too, resulted in a very messy mascara application. I had a lot to clean up after applying it so I would recommend doing your eye make up before your foundation and concealer when using this mascara. Additionally, I did find that this mascara had a smell to it, but it wasn't unbearable. Just take not if you are sensitive to smells.
Mascara worn alone with no concealer or other face make up. I did clean up the messy application.


Unfortunately, I really think that there's nothing too special about this mascara. I think this mascara received a lot of hype when it was released and unfortunately it didn't live up to that hype for me.  What I really disliked most was that it applied very messily and that the bristles were way too soft. This mascara does look good once it's on, but boy is it a pain to put on! All in all, I would not purchase this mascara again and would recommend others looking for a new mascara to pass on it and try a different mascara.

Have you tried any mascaras by Urban Decay? Do you have any that you would recommend or like to see me review in the future? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment