Monday, October 27, 2014

Benefit Cosmetics: They're Real! Mascara

Hi everyone!

For this week's Mascara Monday, I have decided to review the They're Real! mascara by Benefit Cosmetics. I'm pretty late to the game on trying this mascara, as it's been out for a while now and there are TONS of reviews out there on this product, but I decided to let you guys in on my thoughts and do a review.
So to start, the full size of this mascara retails for $23 for 0.3 oz of product and the deluxe sample size retails for $10 for 0.14oz of product. You can purchase it from Sephora, Ulta, and the Benefit Cosmetics website. I actually purchased this mascara as part of the Real Steal set, which retails for $24 and includes a full size of the mascara and a deluxe sample of the They're Real! Push Up Liner. It is also available at Sephora, Ulta, and the Benefit Cosmetics website.
So all in all, this is an awesome mascara! I love the design of the bristles, they're short rubber bristles and there's bristles along the end which is great for easily doing inner and outer lashes. The bristles are ideal for brushing the product onto the lashes without them clumping together. The wand is a little flexible but mostly pretty rigid and solid. The formula of this mascara is on the wet side and it can be a little messy so do apply it carefully so you don't get it all over your face. Whether you do one coat for a more natural look or three coats for a dramatic look, I find that this product looks amazing and doesn't clump. Also, I know that some people have said that this mascara is difficult to remove, but I haven't experienced that problem. If you find that to be true, I recommend trying out the They're Real! remover.

I absolutely love the look this mascara gives my lashes! They're thick and full and look beautiful! The color is very black, but no so intense that it's unnatural. They're bold but very wearable for everyday. It's not clumpy and it doesn't make my lashes stick together. I also love the packaging of this mascara, it comes in a shiny gunmetal gray tube. The only negative I really have with this mascara is that there is a tiny smell, kind of that typical mascara smell, but it's not overwhelming or overpowering. It isn't so bad that it doesn't make me not want to wear it.

Final Verdict:
I absolutely love this mascara and would 100% buy it again! I highly recommend it and if you're interested in trying it, definitely check out the The Real Steal set! It's a great deal and only a dollar more in price than the cost of the full size mascara.

Have you tried this mascara yet? Is this a new holy grail product for you? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment