Saturday, October 4, 2014

IT Cosmetics: Celebration Foundation & Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush

Hi guys, 

Today's review is one I've been dying to share with you for a while now! I will be reviewing IT Cosmetic's Celebration Foundation and Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush. Both items can be purchased separately from ULTA or the IT Cosmetics website, or can be purchased together in a set from QVC. Individually, the foundation retails for $35 and the brush is $48, but in the QVC set both retail together for $43.50 (plus $5.72 for shipping and handling).

I absolutely love powder foundations for everyday wear - they're easy to apply and take virtually no time at all for a great look! My all time favorite powder foundation has been Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup with SPF 15 (I wear the shade light), I've been using this product constantly since high school, so over 10 year now! (wow, that just made me feel old...) Honestly though, I love that it's a buildable powder foundation that minimizes the appearance of my pores and lasts all day long without reapplication. I also love that it has SPF15 which I think is essential for everyday wear to help protect your skin from sun damage. 
Anyway, back to the product at hand, IT Cosmetic's celebration foundation! I've really wanted to try this for a while now as I've seen soooo many youtube and blog posts raving about it! I finally sucked it up and paid the money for both the foundation and the brush, as I heard this it is the ideal way to apply the product. My first impression of this product was WOW, it's amazing and all the rave reviews were spot on!
Comparison of the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush & the Jumbo Powder Brush
In terms of packing, this product comes in a very sleek black compact with a push button to open it. The material of the compact is the same as a lot of the Nars packaging and the Lorac Pro Palette, that sort of soft, suede-like rubberized material that shows fingerprints and holds onto product which isn't ideal, but it feels really nice. The handle of the brush is also this same material. The bristles of this brush are soooo soft and not scratchy - it's literally one of the softest brushes I've ever used! The bristles are also the perfect length and density to apply the powder to your face without looking cakey, yet still covering everything that you want covered. I have not tried this brush with other powder foundations, but I would assume it would work well with them too. 
Most times I prefer to use just the makeup sponge that comes with a face powder, but this is SO much better! Like most foundation compacts, this compact has a compartment underneath the actual product that holds a makeup sponge which you can also use to apply the product if that's the method you prefer. I find that this product looks a bit more natural when applied with the brush than with the sponge - you pick up less product, which results in it looking more natural and less cakey (though it's not cakey at all!). I posted a photo towards the bottom where I show the product applied on my face half with the brush and half with the sponge.

The foundation powder is so creamy and easy to apply. With the brush you can very easily and quickly buff the product onto your face for a natural but well covered look. 
I love that this foundation feels weightless on the skin - I forget that I'm wearing any makeup! This is definitely an everyday foundation, but I wouldn't use it for special events where you want a heavier flawless makeup look with absolutely no blemishes showing. I tend to have some small bumps on my skin and some red patches and this product covered the spots and evened out the bumps for an even finish - my skin has honestly never looked smoother, especially without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup! 

I will say that this product only comes in 5 shades - Fair, Light Medium, Medium Beige, Tan, and Rich - which may pose a problem for some in terms of finding a correct match with their skin tone. I selected the color Light Medium and it's the perfect shade for me, especially now that summer is over and I'm no longer tan. The color of the Light Medium shade leans to a more yellow than pink undertone in my opinion. 

Also, since this product has anti-aging components I think it will flatter all ages from young beginners just starting out with makeup to ladies who have been using makeup for years and are trying to keep their skin looking fresh and young.

Below are some face swatches of the Celebration Foundation.

All in all, I absolutely adore this foundation and the brush by IT Cosmetics and I will definitely be purchasing the Celebration Foundation Illumination soon so I can compare it with this product.

Have you tried any IT Cosmetics brushes yet? What's your favorite powder foundation? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. luxdam

    ReplyDelete