Monday, October 13, 2014

Tarina Tarantino: Lash de Fleur Mascara

Hi everyone,

Today's review for Mascara Monday is Tarina Tarantino's Lash de Fleur Mascara. This is the first product I have tried by this brand and I received this mascara in my September BoxyCharm box (review here!) and I decided to give it a go! You can purchase this mascara from the Tarina Tarantino website (the packaging of the mascara is slightly different on there) for $19 for 0.47 oz of product.

Overall, I think this is a great mascara, but with that said, I do have a couple problems with it. I'm going to go over my top three positives and negatives of this mascara and then show some photos with this mascara on my eyelashes.
Okay, so lets first start with the positives

1) Firstly and most importantly, I really like the look that this mascara gives me. My lashes look very dense and full, which since I have very short and not full lashes is something I'm always striving for. The formula of this mascara is on the wet side, which I prefer because it seems to stick nicely to my lashes to give them great length and thickness.

2) I also like the bristles of this mascara. They're somehow soft yet firm at the same time which allows them to be nicely brushed through the lashes in order to apply the product. This mascara does have the traditional style of bristles, not the rubberized kind, just something for you to note in case you much prefer one type over the other.

3) The third thing I love about this mascara is the packaging! It comes in a sleek gunmetal gray tube that has the Tarina Tarantino name written on it in silver font. The tube also has a little weight which makes it feels luxe and high-end.
Now onto the problems I have with this mascara...

1) My biggest complaint about this mascara is that I find that the wand is way too big for applying mascara to my eyelashes. For me, this really slows down my eye makeup application as I have to slow down in order to be more precise with it since there's much more room for error with a large applicator. One little wrong move and you'll have a large mistake to clean up.

2) My next fault in this mascara is that it can be a little messy to apply. I'm generally not the neatest at applying my mascara, but this product is very messy and I find that I always have a lot to clean up afterwards. I love a wet formula mascara, but this one is just too messy. I would recommend using this mascara first (and do all the rest of your eye makeup) before you apply your concealer and foundation. Otherwise you'll just have to reapply it after you clean up the unwanted mess this mascara leaves behind.

3) My last complaint is that this mascara does have a slight smell to it. It's by no means unbearable, but it is there so if you're sensitive to mascara smells do take note of that.

Alright and as promised, here are some photos of me wearing this mascara.


Alright so time for the final verdict: Would I purchase this product again?
           I didn't mind using this mascara and I'm glad to have been able to try a product from the Tarina Tarantino line, but this is not a holy grail or staple product for me and I don't feel the need to always have it in my collection so I think I probably wouldn't buy this mascara again. All in all, I did enjoy this mascara, but it's by no means my favorite and I have plenty of other mascaras that I like a whole lot more that I would repurchase first.

Have you tried any Tarina Tarantino products yet? Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment