Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hautelook: H2O+ Haul!

Hi everyone,

Today I wanted to share with you a recent haul from Hautelook of H2O+ products. These are some of my all time favorite products and I've been using them for over 10 years, since high school! H2O+ is a great skincare company they offer many different skincare collections targeting different problems, like oil-free hydration, age repair, firming, anti-aging, oil control, acne & blemish control, brightening, sensitive skin, etc. Personally, my favorite collection is the Aqualibrium Daily Essentials line, but I've also used many of the products from the Anti-Acne Blemish Control line back in high school when I had more breakouts, however, I still use this line when I do experience the occasional breakout.


For those of you that don't know, Hautelook is a website affiliated with Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack that offers short-term sales of lots of designer brands. You do have to make an account, but they offer clothing for men, women and children, and also offer beauty and home goods too.

The H2O+ items I purchased from Hautelook were:
     - Bath Natural Spring Shower & Bath Gel - x2 - $5/each, usually $12/each
     - Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel - $9, usually $18
     - Aqualibrium Sea Mineral Scrub - x2 - $9/each, usually $18/each
     - Aqualibrium Cleansing Face Wipes - x2 - $9/each, usually $19/each - unfortunately these are no longer available on the H2O+ website but you can still buy them from the Kohl's website.

I also recently made a purchase from H2O+'s website of the Sea Clear Mattifying Cleansing Mousse, which retails for $20, so I also included that in this Hautelook haul of H2O+ products.


About H2O+
H2O+ is an amazing worldwide skincare company! It was created in 1989 and based in Chicago with the vision statement of a world of healthy and vibrant oceans that enhance life and beauty, and a mission of supporting the active restoration and preservation of our oceans. Basically, H2O+ is a skincare company that revolves around using marine elements to help infuse skin with natural antioxidants and minerals.

H2O+ has partnered with Ulta, Walt Disney World Resorts, Kohl's, and Marks & Spencer (UK), so you may have seen these products previously, and I believe they are currently in the works to sell them at Sephora. I also know people have received samples of H2O+ products in Birchbox and Ipsy monthly sample subscription services in the past.

H2O+ has several product lines and recently changed their product packaging to easily distinguish between them.
I absolutely love that H2O+ works so hard to incorporate natural ingredients into their products and contributes so much to ocean restoration and preservation and other charities. I love that you can mix and match H2O+ products, they all work great together and you can create your own personalized skincare regimen. All the products H2O+ offers contain natural sea derived ingredients and are very gentle which is great for people with sensitive skin.

I thought I would do a quick review of each of these items for you, so lets start with the first one!

Bath Natural Spring Shower & Bath Gel

I have tried several different scents of H2O+'s Shower & Bath Gels and this one is by far my favorite. H2O+ describes this product as "Let the cool scent of a misty ocean breeze whisk you away to your very own waterfront escape." This product contains 8.5 oz and retails for $12. I find that this shower and bath gel is very moisturizing, while gently washing away impurities.

In terms of the ingredients in this shower and bath gel, it is infused with sea botanical extracts and H2O+'s exclusive Marine Moisture Lock technology which helps to replenish the skin's moisture barrier. The Marine Moisture Lock technology is derived from Scandinavian marine algae, and helps fight dehydration by triggering the skins natural instinct to produce the components critical for a healthy moisture barrier, including hyaluronic acid and lipids. Sea botanical extracts in this product provide a nourishing blend of wakame, sea kelp, and red algae which combine to replenish and renew the skin's vitality. It also contains restorative Shea and Argan butters, which intensely hydrate and soften the skin, while Vitamin E nourishes and protects. This product is sulfate, paraben, and dye-free, and has a calming natural scent that's not overwhelming.


Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel
I absolutely LOVE this oil-free cleanser, which foams away makeup and impurities while soothing the skin. I have used this product constantly since high school (over 10 years) and have never found a better facial cleanser. This product contains 4 oz and retails for $18.


This product is a great lightweight gentle cleanser that's perfect for everyday use. It contains a hydrating marine blend of Wakame, Sea Fennel, and Sea Lettuce which infuse the skin with vital moisture and nutrients. It also contains mineral-rich Sea Salt, which renews and purifies skin for a visibly youthful glow, and micro-encapsulated exfoliating beads, which glide across the skin's surface to gently polish away dullness and soften the texture. Finally, this cleanser contains acacia, which is a botanical extract from the pods of the African Acacia tree that helps soothe irritated skin. This product should be applied to the skin by gently massaging with your fingertips or a soft facial brush, followed by splashing with cool water to rinse. You can also use this product to gently cleanse makeup applicators and brushes without damaging bristles or deteriorating sponges.

I love that this product doesn't leave the skin dry after cleansing. It makes my skin feel sort of tight and firm after application, but not in a drying way, just in a clean way. It leaves your face so refreshed and I find that it gets off all the light make-up I wear everyday. I think that this is a great product for all skin types - I have dry skin but it never makes my skin extra dry, which I generally worry about with skincare products. Unlike other skincare products, this one doesn't add any oil to the skin, and actually keeps it very clear and blemish free.


I will say, if you're looking for a deep cleanser this probably isn't it, but if you're looking to combine several different skincare products this is a great starting product and is great for using in the shower.Overall, this cleanser leaves skin smooth and clean without irritation or breakouts. If you have a hard time finding a facial wash that is not to harsh for your face try this one, it's wonderful and in my opinion, can't be beat!

Aqualibrium Sea Mineral Scrub

This is probably the best facial scrub I've ever used! H2O+ describes it as a "mildly exfoliating, oil-free scrub to sweep away dead surface cells and dulling impurities with Carrageenan, Multivitamin Complex and Hydrating Marine Blend." Carrageenan is derived from red marine algae and promotes firmer skin, while the Multivitamin Complex is a supercharged blend of vitamins A, C & E, which helps increase skin’s elasticity while delivering powerful antioxidants to help repair and prevent cell damage. Additionally, the Sea Mineral Complex and hydrating marine extracts of wakame, sea fennel, and sea lettuce help cleanse, condition and soften the skin. The soft, spherical beads of this scrub gently polish away dryness without abrasion or irritation to the skin.

I love that this scrub has just the right amount of grit to exfoliate the skin without stripping it of all its moisture and thus drying it out. It's a very mild and gentle yet effective scrub and I find that it limits the amount of breakouts I have on my face. It really does not hurt at all so it's a great scrub for those with very sensitive skin. This scrub leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed and my skin feels oh so soft afterwards. It even works great to remove makeup. It makes the skin glow without looking oily, it's like an inner glow that helps reduce the dullness of skin. I also love the smell of this scrub, like all H2O+ products, it's very natural, clean and fresh.

Aqualibrium Cleansing Face Wipes
I absolutely love these cleansing face wipes! As many of you know from reading my blog, I absolutely love trying out new makeup wipes. I have gone through several packs of these wipes over the years and I'm really distraught that they have decided to discontinue them. If you can still get your hands on a pack I highly recommend them!

According to H2O+, these "oil-free cleansing wipes remove all traces of makeup while refreshing skin with antioxidant-rich marine algae, lavender extract and Provitamin B." These makeup wipes are ideal for all skin types as they aren't drying at all, and I find they actually do provide some moisture to the skin. They are oil-free, alcohol-free and are dermatologist-tested.

There are 45 wipes in a pack and retail for $19 which is probably a bit pricier than I usually spend on makeup wipes but I find that these not only take the make up off your face, but it actually cleanses your face leaving it feeling clean and fresh. The wipes come in a resealable pack which is nice for keeping them moist and is convenient for touch-ups and travel.

Sea Clear Mattifying Cleansing Mousse

H2O+ describes this product as a "water-based daily cleanser to foam away excess oil and pore-clogging debris with Olive Leaf Extract, Salicylic Acid and Oil-Controlling Marine Blend." This is a gentle oil-free product that removes away the impurities on your skin without stopping away moisture and helps to prevent breakouts. The olive tree leaf extract helps to prevent the formation of excess surface shine and allows for a lasting, matte complexion. Olive tree leaf is a natural antiseptic and astringent, which means that it helps to eliminate breakout-causing bacteria from deep within pores. The Marine Blend of Deep-Sea Dulse, Neptune kelp and Gigartina help to neutralize oil in order to banish shine and help reduce the production of excess oil. This product also contains salicylic acid derived from willow bark which exfoliates dead skin and works to thin excess surface oil.

In high school I was obsessed with this product as I had oily skin and tended to get a lot of breakouts. Now my skin tends to be dry so I don't find myself reaching for this product too much unless I'm breaking out. This product is very effective at removing dirt and oil from your face. It is intense since it does have salicylic acid in it, but I found that when my skin was oily this product was rather gentle compared to some other acne targeted products. I love that my face feels so clean and smooth after using it.

As I said, I now have more of dry skin than oily so I tend to not use this product much anymore because it is a bit drying by nature, which isn't the best for those with already dry skin. It's truly ideal for oily skin. I tend to use this product only if I have breakouts because it does a great job of removing excess dirt and oil from the surface of the skin. I think this is a gentle enough product that you could use it everyday if you have oily skin, but those with dry skin I would use it less frequently and only as needed. I would also suggest using a moisturizer after this product just to ensure your skin is hydrated.

H2O+ also says that you can use this product as a cleanser for makeup applicators in order to eliminate pore-clogging bacteria. I also found that this product did a good job of cleaning the make up off my face. All in all, this product not only makes your skin feel clean but it also seems to clean it really well.

Other H2O+ Products
In case you guys are curious, below are some H2O+ items that I have tried and that I want to try out soon! If you guys would like any reviews on specific items let me know in the comments below.

Other H2O+ products that I've tried:

     - Aqualibrium Dual-Action Eye Makeup Remover, $18
     - Marine Daily Hydrator, $9
     - Waterwhite Advanced Brightening Eye Cream, $35
     - Anti-Acne Clarifying Face Wash, $18
     - Anti-Acne Calming Corrector, $25
     - Natural Spring Moisturizing Body Balm, $7
     - Natural Spring Shower & Bath Gel, $6

H2O+ products that I want to try:

     - Aqualibrium Sea Mineral Mud Mask, $25
     - Aqualibrium Marine Toner, $18
     - Waterwhite Advanced Brightening Mask, $40
     - Oasis Mist, $18
     - Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment, $36
     - Sea Results Sea Mineral Cleanser, $18

Have you tried any products from H2O+ yet? Any favorites that you recommend me trying? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment